Sept 2010

September found me enjoying a holiday that I've been thinking about for quite some time. I enjoyed three days in Drumheller all by myself. I began my trip with a beautiful majestic drive from Innisfail on August 30th and entered Drumheller around noon. Stopped at the Big Dinosaur (information centre) and proceeded to find me a hotel and get a map of what is a must see. I did have a list of some things I had to visit and others that were "if I had time". Museum was a must of course and enjoyed it immensely. My stay at the Super 8 was not as enjoyable as I hoped it be as I guess that is the main stop for a lot of out of town workers so needless to say my expectation of sleeping in "as much as I sleep in" did not happen with the 445 slammin of doors and diesel trucks awaiting outside. Sept 1st found me driving out of Drumheller to tour the Atlas Coal mine and let me tell you that was a hoot. It was great and I didn't even mind the sprinkle of rain that began just as our "train ride" began. I did manage a quick stop at the Suspension bridge on the way to the mine and again for those that know me - know my fear of bridges no matter the size this too had me a little freaked out. I was a little disappointed when leaving the mine and heading to the Hoodoos that the rain put a damper on my flight to the top as I was wearing good shoes but the rain mixed with the clay made the steps just a tad slippy and the ropes that kept the people from tempting such a climb was not the best to try and get a handle so my venture to the top was not successful. But loved the view anyway. On my way back to town - I was feeling a bit peckish and wanted to continue my day with some in town enjoyment so I stopped in to a nice little place Cafe Ole and warmed up with some Cheddar Cheese and Brocolli soup and a nice Caramel Machiatto. Mmmmm nummy - I sat and watched it pour for well over an hour and enjoyed my soup and coffee, looked at my map of shops I hoped to hit while I was in town. Can you guess...SCRAP INN JAMMIES oh yeah - I found the scrapbooking store in Drumheller...yes....I was successful in finding some cute paper doll paper that I am so going to try on our next Scrapbooking weekend (already booked in November at Lone Pine). After that - I headed back to my hotel to enjoy my last evening before heading back to my sisters on Thurs - I plan on spending some time with them and other friends at Camp Stumpy again YEAH. Oh my what a wonderful time of total relaxation, excellent fellowship with some very much needed cleansing. I love the fun times that you can have with individuals that share the close bond with the lord and genuinely care about each other. I love my time I get to spend in worship, and love seeing my nephews grow and learn. So minus the few interuptions of rain around suppertime - the joy and sadness I felt when we had to pack up and leave Camp Stumpy for another year was so emotional. I headed back to my sisters for another night prior to heading back home to spend the last few days of my vacation with Amanda, Isabella and to hopefully catch up with Dave now that he is on his own. The only other down fall was my 78.00 speeding ticket I received. Thanks officer so and so but there was not way I was doing 20km over pulling up to a stop sign but whatever (i'll pray for you) that you brakes go out at 102.....and the flower pot falls from the window sill, yeah you know the song, sing it with me...Just kidding. So anyways, get back home and loved seeing the love of my life Isabella raise her arms at me when I walked through the door...my angel girl with the biggest of blue eyes loves her Gma. It was my birthday that weekend and Dave, Amanda and Isabella treated me to Breakfast at Denny's Sunday morning and than heading to mom and dads for birthday dinner - mmm love being spoiled with food, family and fun times. The kids got me a CD, DVD, purdy chocolates, and peanut brittle. Back to work and back to trying to pass my time for the next good job to come around. I'm so glad my personal life is fulfilling cause my professional life is really coming to a crossroads. I don't want to get into too much detail but let's just say if I could throw it away for something else I would. I was able to catch up with some friends for dinner and of course enjoyed another knit night and even managed to get another blanket (I know move on from the blankets right) I will try to expand my horizons on that part. I need someone to actually sit with me and begin a project that I could actually have support with trying something new - but of course everyone I know KNITS. So that is it for now - wow what a blog this month - October will find me babysitting on Saturdays as Amanda has lots of catering (with Thanksgiving) and giving the other girls a weekend off and we have plans almost every weekend with the end of the month being Isabella's big 1st birthday party....catch up with everyone than.

Comments

  1. We are so glad you joined us at Camp Stumpy, it is a special place for sure! I have a new pattern for you - I'm crocheting a scarf now that is easy peasy - I'll show you at Thanksgiving. Hopefully work will turn around or something will come along for you - maybe it's time to open up that B & B, love you see you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

January 2010

November 2013

December 2012