Sept 2013

Yeah, you noticed right? I haven't blogged in a while. I am pretty disappointed in myself, and yet trying really hard to keep in mind that when I first started this blog I wanted to make sure that what I wanted to share was going to be something people wanted to read.

My adventure and what was happening in my life was going to be something that I wanted to journal as a way of remembering and also as a way to include others that didn't participate on a regular basis.

I sometimes feel like I've lost touch with the people in my life that I thought I would always be close to, and yet I feel that if those people wanted to keep in touch with me, or want to stay connected to me that they would put the effort forth and that friendship and family would be a give and take type of relationship. I see now that it's not.

I have chose to remove certain people from my life and in the same respect people have chosen to remove themselves. I understand and feel nothing. I don't feel remorse, I don't feel sad, or angry. I am ok with that choice. I feel that if they don't have a connection or the need, desire or want to stay connected then they shouldn't be a part of my life.

I try to include everyone in what is happening and how I'm doing by being completely open. Some people don't understand that what I share I share with people that care and that show genuine concern with me and how I'm feeling. I appreciate those people that give me satisfaction in wanting to know how I am as well as to give a little of themselves which shows how they are in order for me to provide the best of me.

I do what I do cause it's best for me and me alone, I guess you could say I'm being selfish and no different than anyone else. I agree to a point and feel that when I include some people in my decisions I get the ho hummers and non deciders so I would just as soon make my own decisions and know that I am living my life the way I choose and that I don't have to wait for anyone else to decide for me.

I have been busy, and yet not so busy since the last time I blogged which as you can see has been January.  Let's see if I can catch everyone up on what's been happening.

Feb 2013 - attended a baby shower for SJ - Claudette's daughter, a wonderful friend of mine for many years (23 years in fact). SJ gave birth to a bouncing baby boy Aidan March 14th.

Attended the Tenors in Feb as well - OH MY what a truly inspiring and fantastic evening that was celebrating with my parent's, sister and brother in law, and friends.

Continued on with my Leadership Program as well in Feb - due to finish and graduate in June

March 2013 - attended my great niece and nephews birthday party at Millenium - took Isabella swimming and had tons of fun as always.

Also in March attended our annual scrapbooking session in Vegreville at a new scrapbooking store. Always a nice way to get away and catch up with family.

April 2013 - spent the easter weekend with both of my sisters, and enjoyed an easter egg hunt my my nephew and grand daughter out at the greenhouse.

May 2013 - had a great day cruisin on our first Yarn Shop out to Stony Plain, Spruce Grove, River City Yarns and back home. My sister and Isabella enjoyed the tour and a great lunch at museum.

May brings about the annual cattle drive at the Schrock's and also my nephews 18th birthday. Wow you know your old when...

June 2013 - another fun filled month of celebration -

After all my hard work I found myself enjoying a much deserved vacation. I was so thrilled to be able to get away with my sister and our friend to Abbotsford to attend a homeschool convention in the beginning of June. The only thing I missed was my daughter participating in the MS Bike Tour while I was away. Great Gramma got to babysit Isabella this time which was great as this was the first overnight for both of them. Glad everyone had a great time.

I graduated from the Leadership Program after 18 mths of sharing, growing and fullfilling a need to show that I am a person that can Model the Way, Inspire a Shared Vision, Challenge the Process, Enable Others to Act and Encourage the Heart. 5 models of behaviour to become a successful leader. 

The day after Grad at the Petroleum Club, I was able to take off to enjoy a much deserved vacation out at Stumpy to celebrate Grads, anniversaries, my sisters birthday and awesome fellowship with everyone that was able to come and stay for a day, weekend, week or whatever.

July - we enjoyed Canada Day celebration with my crazy friend Coreen, her daughters and grand children in Millwoods this year. It was a great festival of fireworks and live bands playing in the background.

July also brought about another celebration to attend my friends wedding anniversary. It was really sweet that the kids were able to share in the joy with Carrie and Kevin, friendship that has remained close for the last 20 years.

My baby David turned 23 in July - another wow moment I can't believe what a great young man he has turned into. I am still in awe when I am able to share these moments with my children that love spending time with their mama. What a great bunch of coconuts I did raise.

So now it's August - or what's left of it. Fall has arrived and it's time to start thinking about winter, going back to school (my grand daughter starts playschool) bahahahaha where has the last 4 years go.

Isabella has turned into this smart, truly free spirited child that has the gift to talk your ear off and such a delight to be able to enjoy everyday of my life. I am so blessed to have this time with her and would not trade a moment. I hope I get to continue to embrace the opportunity of experiences that she has to share with me and hope I am around for so many more.

Until we chat again, enjoy, today, forever and the days ahead.




Comments

  1. Yes I have noticed but blogging should always be about YOU and NOT an obligation to others. At least that is what I think. Who needs another "have to" - I think you've remained true to your blog and hope you continue to record the goings on and the relationships you have, I enjoy reading about it : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Glad to see you writing again. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

January 2010

2013

December 2012