July 2012

I know you have heard it before...is it really the beginning of July...where do I begin. I guess where I left off. My last blog was March - so needless to say I'm a little behind. Or I'm so far behind if I turned around I would be first. I like that.

April updates -
So here we are once again - Things are coming together as they should. I'm having the time of my life. Work is busy, home life is busy and how can it not be with a most spectacular grand daughter that anyone could ask for. Isabella started Daycare and she is absolutely loving it. She gets to play games, and sing songs. She has caught this terrible cough and can't seem to shake it. She has gone to the doctors and that is all it is is just a cold, lungs are fine, and ears are good so just keep giving her cough syrup. Work has been super busy, with all the changes happening or should I say about to happen we have been trying to prepare for what is going to happen next. I have had a rough couple of weeks with my new staff causing issues when they found out they were reporting to me. Nothing had happened besides the fact that he told everyone I scare him and that there is no way that he can report to me and that someone should do something. So besides me he went to everyone else and let them know how he felt but didn't let them know that there wasn't anything that brought the issue on. So needless to say he was told that the way that he went about it was not the right way. He was to report to me end of story and that he needed to start behaving more appropriately. And now the fun begins - that is one staff - I'm supposed to get three more - Yippee. Hope the next ones don't scare that easily...buahhhhh - just kidding. It was my sisters birthday and I thought I would make a trip to the greenhouse and see if they needed any help. Alas, she was all caught up and wasn't up for company. Easter time with Isabella is always a hoot - Jesse went out and hid the eggs for little miss to go on a treasure hunt in the front yard. She enjoys finding treats and gets totally surprised when she realizes that there is something special inside. April was a busy time at work for me as I was moved over to a new office and started reporting to a new Manager (I have only had three in the last 5 years) so what's another one...Now I know when people hear the word busy - they sometimes say yeah I hear you - don't have to tell me about busy. I can't even begin to put into perspective the amount of work that me, a records technician and a Manager of the Records Program for a Dept the size of 7,800. But that's the way the world is currently and I have accepted that "today is a new day" and I need to deal with stuff as it comes. I can't worry about it, I can't get upset and I have to learn how to manage my staff. Some days are better than others and some days I don't know how I manage at all. I enjoy having support from my Manager this time around. It's great knowing that I can talk to her about anything and she is willing to be open and honest with me. The first phase of my Leadership course ended and now we go onto phase II and that is meeting with a new Team and we also get a Mentor to assist us in any challenges that we may have.

May updates -
Stars on Ice - please need I say more - my mom and my sister got to enjoy an evening of laughs, music and excellent entertainment from all of our favorite skaters. My daugther even managed to find a song from one of the performances and downloaded it for me. My nephew celebrated his 17th birthday...I know really I still don't believe that the kids are getting older and I'm still the same age. Isabella, Jesse, Amanda and I went to Sundre, AB and got to experience our first ever cattle drive YAHOO - was that ever fun. We are so blessed to have amazing friends like the Schrocks to allow us the opportunity to join in and help with chasing "tows" as Isabella calls them and enjoy in awesome fellowship. You can always count on laughter, peace and amazing eats when you are around such great people. I am almost overwhelmed when I have to leave the surroundings as I know I have never felt such comfort than when I get to spend time with them. I also got to ride the AB train to Big Valley. My aunt, her relatives and mom and dad enjoyed a day on the train from Stettler to Big Valley where we then were treated to an awesome meal and a tour around town and back on the train to Stettler. Definitely a do over. Attended a 3 day workshop for my leadership program and the new team I have is looking forward to the next 12 months of meeting and learning even more about the 5 behaviours - Enable others to Act, Encourage the Heart, Model the Way, Inspire a Shared Vision - and Challenge the Process

June updates -
so getting caught up now aren't I? My middle son turned 27 this year. I didn't call him on his birthday - I am still very sad when I think about how he decides to live his life absent from the rest of his family. I have accepted the fact that the many times we have reached out and tried to support him in whatever issues he may be facing, or maybe he isn't that he doesn't miss us or doesn't want to participate in the family things. I don't know if I would call it giving up or accepting the circumstances for what they are. I know I am the parent and that I shouldn't accept things for how they are - but I also think that he wanted to live differently he would choose to do so and hasn't so I need to accept things for how they are right now. June also brings about the celebration of another birthday my sister Lori and her birthday happens to be celebrated at Camp Stumpy - I almost feel like a kid going to Disneyland - I feel like it's my most favorite place to be. I teased Wes last time and I said "please can I have just a small block" I don't need much - just enough space for me and my little house - along the river - listening - surrounded by the peacefulness of being one with nature and yummo smelling whatever happens to cooking over the fire. My sister said it on her blog, next year I'm going for the whole 10 days. The end of June found us heading to Athabasca for a reunion with my dad's family. It was nice to see those that could show up and it was great to get a 5 generation pic with my Gma T. For soon to be 92 and hearing aids - wow is she ever feisty. There was a time she caught some of us a little off guard and told us to get off our heines (asses) and quit sitting around like a bunch of dead people..... wow - we jumped and said ok GMA and went in the pool....other than that - there was no competitive volleyball this year - and there was no interaction with anyone really - we all kind of picked our spot and visited with whoever happened to be beside us and others chose to sit at their own campers and didn't really do much of anything.

July updates - hopefully you won't have to wait three months...later

Comments

  1. Great post - but I think you might of caught my disease that is "belated postness" LOL!

    You are a busy lady which makes me even happier to be able to have you out at Stumpy for some R & R :)

    Can't wait to see you all soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

November 2013

January 2010

2013