2012 January and February

Apparently, I forgot to do a blog last month or forgot to save it and it didn't post.

So here we are the 1st and 2nd month of the new year and I begin anew.
January is the beginning of the year and hopefully the 1st month of change, growth and whatever else comes to mind. January found me taking on an extended role at work - I began reporting to someone else and trying to determine what type of direction my world was going in. I don't know if I'm going to like the new world yet, but my former boss said I need to wait and see. I don't like to wait and see cause I have had 3 Managers in 5 years and just when I think I got things under control, something changes. I did get some exciting news that I'm looking forward to. I got accepted into The Leadership Program which provides me an opportunity to expand in my current role and maybe move into management - I've had both the Leadership and the Management Development on my learning plan for the last couple of years but opportunity hasn't presented itself up until now (maybe cause of the Manager changes that have taken place). oops that's my inside voice again. The Leadership Program is 18mths and is on-line (like a virtual environment) - we have reading and assignments provided to us and we work alone and with a small group (not more than 6 people on your team) different levels and variety of positions within government so really diverse structure.

Home life was pretty relaxed in January so that was nice. I always find January either really long and lots to do. Weather has been fantastic so definitely can't complain about that all besides not being able to go play in the snow with Isabella cause there is none. Got together for dinner with my an old group of girls that I used to work with, we meet at Boston Pizza so we call ourselves the (BP crew). Enjoyed my other monthly get togethers with other girlfriends as well.

February - yeah got to enjoy the first weekend away Scrapbooking and was that ever tons of fun. Mom, sister, aunts, cousins - all gathered in Ft. Sask at the Super 8 and we had a great weekend. I was the winner with 15 pages - and my sister did 20 digital - so she came in second....hahaha she's going to comment on that for sure. Work is still crazy busy and will be I'm sure till after the election in March-May. I am not planning on taking a lot of time off as my daughter has a trip to Mexico planned at the end of the year so I'll be enjoying my 3 year old Grand Daughter (yes she will be 3 this year)... ok now I'm just really jumping the gun and I need to stop writing.

Expect to hear from me in a another couple of weeks when I can share with you the rest of February.

Comments

  1. You bet I'll comment....I agree digital is way less work than paper scrapbooking....I concede to your scrapbooking prowness, but I'd watch out for that Shalaine next time, she'll want to take revenge I'm sure....LOL!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

November 2013

January 2010

December 2012