July 2011

Well here we are starting August and I need to share all the wonderful things that have been happening in my life in July. 1st of July is Canada Day where my girls and I enjoyed a fun filled day down at the Legislature in the wading pool where the girls splashed and dashed for a few hours till it was time to settle in to our usual spot to watch the fireworks. Isabella managed to stay awake this time to stare at the lights in the sky and wonder what the heck was going on, it didn't take her long once we walked up the street to close her little eyes and be off to dreamland for the ride home. Another milestone birthday was reached in my family, my youngest son turned 21years old...whew - all my babies are grown and flown. We were scheduled to attend another Truhn family reunion but since my son's birthday was on the same weekend I opted to share in the memories of turning another year older instead of making the 3 hour drive for an overnight trip. We said goodbye to a dear man and someone that touched the lives of all that knew him. John Savard (Crystal (Amand's boss) and Diana's father) passed away at the age of 74 yrs : ( but along with sadness comes the joy of celebrating a man's life that touched so many. There were tears as well as laughs as the ladies shared some special memories of their dad and it was such a treat to get to know more about the man that will truly be missed. Isabella and I attended my future niece's bridal shower (I will talk about the wedding in my next month's blog in August). Isabella almost slept through the entire afternoon as she was so busy playing with GGMA in the back seat on the way to the shower that she managed to wake up shortly before it was time to leave. Amanda and I went to a cage fight at WEM in the evening to watch a friend of hers match up against another. It's unfortunate that RAMBO wasn't a winner and came out with a broken nose. My family (sister's included) all gathered for a family fun day at Jurassic Forest (Dinosaur Park in Gibbons) we enjoyed a picnic lunch and a great visit with everyone including my cousin Stewart, his wife Janice and two girls Victoria and Lainey. Always great to see them. Enjoyed my monthly dinner with friends it is always nice to catch up. I'm so glad that we make these events every month as it sure makes you appreciate the special friendships I have. I had a great time being able to share the last of the Harry Potter movies with my nephew Joshua who I have never had the opportunity to see a movie with (IT WAS AWESOME). Speaking of nephews my youngest Noah got to stay out at GMA's and GPA's for a week and David and I picked him up and enjoyed a sleepover at the house (which Noah was extremely excited about) - the girls were camping at Miquelon lake for a "what daddies can do - mommies can do better" weekend. We woke and left the house early to shop at IKEA and enjoyed a $1.00 breakfast before trying to find a desk and bookshelf for Dave. We didn't manage to buy what we shopped for but Noah was happy that his cousin Dave bought him a car mat and his auntie Kerri thought he could use an alarm clock (heheheh sorry Josh). After we finished at IKEA we stopped by the nearest Starbucks for a "smoothie" as Noah calls them and head to see CARS II in 3D - and than headed to meet my sister in Wetaskiwin so we could give Noah back. I began 2 weeks vacation on July 25th and was looking forward to the break from work as well as having a friend of Amanda's come and stay with us for a week. We picked up Lacey on Tues the 26th and the girls were reunited for a week to see old friends, party like they were 18 again and giggle as they looked at old pics and remembered past memories. As quickly as the vacation started it wasn't long and August 2nd came and Amanda returned to work and I was off to drop Lacey back off at the Airport. I than got to proceed to my sister's where I am to enjoy some much needed quiet time (me, myself and I). So will add what I did while at my sista's in next month blog post...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 2013

January 2010

December 2012