March madness...copied from my sister's blog

WOW...I dare to say that ending 3 months of what will be the longest, coldest, drawn out winters in years is speeding by. I can't believe that there is still so much snow and yet there is so many potholes, huge puddles and new growth is beginning to pop up. I know Spring has arrived when I get that ever anticipated email from my sister saying "the greenhouse is open" YEAH if that isn't a sign of THANK GOODNESS WINTER IS OVER...I'm so looking forward to taking a trek out there and having my friend Carrie join me as well. March 11th at the Calgary Science Center I enjoyed spending some time with my eldest sister and nephews at the Titanic Exhibit on and what an experience that was. We began the journey with our picture being taken as we boarded the massive ship and were each given a boarding pass that identified each of us by name and class. Each turn we were taken through the journey of the passengers as they made their way through the ship. Kitchen, sleeping quarters of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd class passengers, we wound our way through and read quotes from passengers fearful that this may be their last journey and how some anticipated their new life that awaited them upon arriving at their destination, we were struck with "what would we do". When we reached the iceberg and were amazed to feel how cold the temperature was and the moment of impact when they struck at how fast (within 2min) they succumbed to hypothermia when they fell into the waters. We found ourselves desperately searching the wall for who we were by the details on our boarding passes and those listed on the wall of passengers listed by those "saved" and those "lost". From the group of 4 there was 1 that was lost and 3 were saved. The boys did their homework ahead of time and had the entire timeline laid out when I arrived and it was amazing to see that when we were winding our way through the Exhibit Noah had the same timeline and was very proud that he was right on track. I treasure each and every visit I have with my sister and this trip definitely did not disappoint. Other news, my parents were winding down their month long trip in Mexico and I were set to return the next weekend so I planned a visit with them when I went to Knit night. Nothing further to report on the job front, besides more changes are coming, but when they would happen, no plans were laid out yet.  Wrapped up another joyful experience with fun times with the girls - birthday parties - swimming, and just good times at home. More teeth, a few more whisps of hair finally coming in, a few more expresessions and phrases "uh oh" and "uh huh" always bring a smile to my face when I see how she's groun the last 18mths. She just got a big girl bed so Momanda is trying to keep her in her own bed as much as possible and let's just say - it's been joyful to enterain that idea.
So once again I say so long and whew if I didn't think I was busy after reading my news of the month I may re-think this boring existence I thought I had. April I'm sure will be similar to March - birthdays, long weekend, wrapping up my course and I'm sure weekend getaway in store for this gal.

Comments

  1. It was great having you! Hopefully the madness of March ends and April will only bring more awesome adventures!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

November 2013

January 2010

December 2012