November


Well here it is another year has almost come to an end and I find myself reflecting back to recall events that have taken place over the last 11months. I am unsure whether I have accomplished any plans that I set about, but I know that I saw growth in myself, my children and my grand daughter. This next year will see me focussing on my career and whether a change in jobs will encourage me to seek a higher understanding of where I want to be in 5 years. I usually don't spend a lot of time long term planning but I know that at my age - mid forties I need to be thinking about where I want to be and what I want to do when I retire...and I haven't done that. The remarkable change in my children has been inspiring and brings complete joy to enjoy their conversations that I have been blessed to share with them. My daughter is enjoying parenthood and all that comes with. My son Joe has been spending more time with us and it's been heartwarming to know that family is important to him and my youngest son has moved out and is enjoying the freedom to explore who he is and the kind and generous man he is becoming. We are beginning to plan for the hustle and bustle of the season that December brings about. We have birthdays, dinners, crafts, work decorating and of course gift giving. We did manage to get family pics done at Thanksgiving so guess what my christmas cards are going to be...and of course for those extra special people in my life get a bonus pic of Isabella on Santa's lap... Grandma and Grandpa are planning another Waterpark event in January since the kids are to the point now that each of their kids so enjoy the water like they did many a years ago. So back to what happened in November - sick, sick and sick. Isabella reacted really bad to her 1yr vaccinations, I ended up with a bad case of flu and Amanda is still struggling with a massive head cold so hopefully we can all recover and continue to enjoy the festive season. Spent some great times with friends and family - my friend Sandy and sister Lori went to the musical performance of Grease and the next weekend I spent scrapbooking with my sisters, mom, aunts and cousins out at http://www.lonepineranch.ca/ and it was fabulous. The host Sylvia fed us like we were queens and none of us wanted to go home to have to fend for ourselves. The scenery was wonderful and of course the laughs and memories that were made will be talked about till the next session. I got to enjoy my first live Oilers game for this season with my son and we had an amazing time cheering on our team that pulled off a win in the last 28 seconds of the third period with a tie score. My son and I along with our good friend Sandy went to Harry Potter and really had a great evening enjoying Part 1 of the final chapter now to wait till July 2011 for Part II, my goodness why would they do that to us.
So onto December and I'm sure I will have more exciting things to share with my followers.

Comments

  1. I know where did the year go huh? Sounds like it was a great year overall though. It's always good to set goals and make plans, we actually have just been discussing that in our house. Looking forward to reading more about what happens in 2011!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

November 2013

January 2010

December 2012