May

So another month has come and gone - instead of May flowers brought lots of May showers in Alberta and in New Brunswick where I had the pleasure of travelling to for a week. Our family welcomed a new little one "Ethan Kaleb" was born to Ashley and Ryan on May 1st and it was quite a joy. That now makes 5 Great Grand kids for Mom and Dad and let's just say they are overjoyed and now that Dad has had 6 months of retirement they can't wait to spend time with all of them. Morgan 4 years, Khloie 1 year, Isabella 7 months, Logan 2 months and now Ethan. 2 for Justin, 2 for Ryan and 1 for Amanda. My sister, mom and I got to enjoy an evening of Stars on Ice for the 2nd year in a row - my other sister Kelly was unable to attend as she's busy, busy, busy with Reno Greenhouse. My sister Lori was fortunate enough to stay the weekend and was able to join Amanda, Isabella and I for the Mother's Day Mother-Daughter Walk at Foote field to raise money for the Stollery Children's hospital. The next morning I managed to get away for a well deserving holiday. I had the opportunity to travel to New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia and a quick trip into Quebec. I had a fantastic time with awesome friends that I have known for close to 30 years and let me tell you I couldn't have picked a better person to spend a week with. Kim has always been a special friend and we have shared some special lifetime moments. I hope I have the opportunity to share some more lifetime moments in the years to come. May also found us thinking back to 3 years ago when we lost someone very dear to all of us. Jonathan took his own life on May 19, 2007 and it was a terrible day for a lot of people. I was going through my divorce with his father at that time so the kids and I were told to stay away. That truly broke my heart - not just for me but that the kids did not get the opportunity to say goodbye. Joe was living with my sister Lori and they ended going to Calgary to attend the service and it was great that someone from our family was able to attend. As it turns out this year Amanda, Isabella, Dave and I were able to find Jonathan's gravesite in Edmonton and we met some dear friends the Aschenbrenners and we were able to share some special moments. It was a true blessing. My grand daughter Isabella turned 7 months old oh my goodness is her personality starting to shine through. I'm sure June will bring as much excitement as the last. Till next time

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 2013

January 2010

December 2012